Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving

Well, Thanksgiving is over and done with for another year. It has made me think a lot over the past weekend. There was no great feast in my house, just my boyfriend, our roomie and myself. I made a little chicken with a few side dishes. I sometimes forget that I live in another country now. Many if my friends say it's just Canada, but up here they celebrated thanksgiving over a month ago. It is sometimes difficult being away from my family, especially on the holidays.
Yule is no exception. Due to work schedules I will be going home a week or so before to see my family. The I will be going with my boyfriend to his families home on the day of. A little sad for me. I will miss the big family gathering. Who knows what will happen though.
The best I would like to have this season is for everyone to be happy and safe. But as the work stands now I hope that isn't too much to ask for.

No comments: